The Quad-Node EnergyCard has four EnergyCore SoCs integrated on a local fabric, and collectively forms a complete, multi-server cluster. By adding additional EnergyCards to a common system board, any deployment can be easily expanded to thousands of nodes within the same cluster. Each board expresses eight 10 Gigabit fabric links and SATA to a passive system board for near limitless expansion.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Sixteen CPU cores via four (4) Calxeda EnergyCore ECX-1000 processors
- Support for 16GB DDR3/3L memory via four (4) mini-DIMM sockets – one socket dedicated per SoC supports up to 4GB of ECC memory (supplied separately)
- Direct attached storage support via four (4) SATA 3Gb/s ports per SoC
- EnergyCore Fabric configuration exports eight (8) EnergyCore 10Gb network links to a system board, used to connect multiple EnergyCards via internal interconnects or external interface connections (1GbE or 10GbE)
- MicroSD Card support via four (4) slots – one slot dedicated per SoC to enable diskless system designs by booting from microSD card